October 23, 2018

Up to My Eyes in Eyes

Do you believe in signs?
Do you believe in hidden messages from our subconscious?

Perhaps one is easier to swallow than the other. Perhaps you could say that one has more scientific reasoning behind it and the other is a foolish belief from times long ago.
It probably depends on who you are.

I like to keep my options open, so I believe in both.

Lately, I've been drawing eyes. When I'm in class or doing something that can't hold my attention, then I start to doodle on the page. Lately, it has been eyes, but it has been every manner of thing before nuts and fruit, teacups and animals. For me, it is significant if I do something multiple times. If I feel an urge to make relatively the same shape over and over. The curving of the eyeball and the pupils, the eyelids and eyelashes, a combination of pen strokes that form something with meaning.

In stories, there are signs and hints, little details that we store in our subconscious and don't realize the importance of until the end. It's important to be talented at foreshadowing when writing a story, but what about our own lives?

Eyes are curious. They hold so many meanings. Eyes are the windows of the soul and all that. So I've been trying to figure out why they've been coming to me. Perhaps it is just my mind telling me that I should pay attention, since I'm usually drawing these in class. It certainly could be a simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment