January 28, 2020

The Cotton Anniversary

Apparently, the traditional anniversary gift for the second anniversary is cotton. I really don't have anything cottony, but I did make the small quilt featured in the picture below. It might be made of cotton. We're closing in on my anniversary so I'm reflecting on what's happened since the publication.

January 31, 2018 - Island Whispers became available.
The past two years I have grown as a writer and figured out what I want from writing. It was a long journey to get to this point, but I'm glad for every turn along the way.

Island Whispers is a book about friendship and magic. The two things I craved most in the world at that age. Time is a great fixer of many things, but Will is just as important to get things moving. The thing about Will is that it needs some inkling of Hope. The greatest thing Island Whispers can leave you with is Hope.

Hope for the future is a wonderful thing. It can spur people to action and banish doubt from their hearts. When life is hopeless, we need a light to show us the way. 
Sometimes that light is as simple as a story.

With gratitude and love, thank you to those who have supported me on this journey and to those who have been my light in the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment