May 7, 2020

Something Fun

Life itself has been stressful lately so I thought I would post something fun and something from my past.

All great writers start as children! The things they play with, the stories they make-up are all building blocks for later.
A child's inquisitiveness and imagination is one of the most wonderful things out there. It can save nations.

When I was a child, I loved dogs. I wanted a dog too. Things didn't work out for my household to actually own a dog, but I had plenty of dogs that I adopted for a time. Our next door neighbor had a golden retriever mix and she was ours in a sense. She knew when we got home from school and she would follow us around and listen to us. She also had the softest fur and the wettest kisses. She was perfect.

At home, I had my own collection of stuffed animal dogs, but none were as portable and as beloved as this one.
This is Snuffles also known as Charles Dickens. Yes, he had a secret identity. He was a daring detective with the perfect nose to sniff out crime and solve cases. Note the hat which represents him adopting his detective persona. The detective persona was Charles Dickens, obviously. A name like Dickens combined with Charles...it practically screams stakeouts and revealing critical information in a timely manner. Snuffles could easily fit in my hand and so he was perfect for going places. He fit inside purses, found that cup holders made great seats and was just a lovable companion.

This dog went on many missions before he retired and he is still as soft as ever. What kind of toys did you play with as a child? Were any of them part of a larger story?

No comments:

Post a Comment