November 28, 2017

I offer you Moonlight, and Shadows

I use pages on my laptop, so if you know the font luminari that is what I chose for this and I wish you could see it because it gives the poem a unique and gothic look. This might not make sense, but I think that poetry in some ways contains a bit of nonsense. 
Moonlight and Shadows

I wish to walk in moonlight,
see my shadow follow me,
for it is only the moonlight,
that lets us clearly see.

The silver glow and fallen beams,
are illuminating and cleansing,
the moon is bright and she gleams,
many find her presence so convincing

If I wish to see purity,
then no thing will compare, 
but the dancing light’s clarity,
that travels through the evening air.

We mustn’t waste the light,
especially when it’s bright,
for the moon is not always round,
for every night that it is found.

The moon has her moments
of quiet beauty and of peace,
sterling, silvery unearthly sentiments,
that make some things become beasts.

For is not beauty loveliest
when it is admired from afar,
don’t people pine for it
when it is as unpredictable as a shooting star.

If I am in moonlight
then my shadow is awake
but if I just walk in shadows
then everything is at stake.

Too many shadows and not enough light
create too much darkness, stronger than night.

Shadows can be friends
they can dance along with us
but their lives come at an end
when the sun consumes them with lust.

Light will always vanquish
that which is dark,
might will only relinquish 
when it has missed its mark.

The power of simple things,
the things we walk through,
are only hoops and rings,
that shadows and moonlight walk through too.

No comments:

Post a Comment