November 19, 2017

Stuffing a Turkey or Stuffing a Book?

Casseroles and pies baking in the oven, pulling the husks off corn, and watching someone handle a giant turkey. My memories of Thanksgiving cover the food, a day of family working hard to make a meal together. That's what the holiday means to me. I always enjoyed the work, whether I was situated at a chopping block or painstakingly pulling apart brussels sprouts. But, I'm not just gonna tell you about my past Thanksgivings.

Instead, let me tell you about something exciting.
I emailed my publishers about Island Whispers and they sent me the "innards" of the book, which means everything but the covers. I was vibrating in front of my computer. It's the moment when you see the official design and pages that you think: "Wow, this is real. This is happening. This is what I wrote." Or at least that's what I was thinking. It's a little hard to describe the bubbling joy, but I had this grin on my face that I couldn't shake for hours, not that I wanted to, it's nice to be happy about something. So, I got to see the design and in the front a copyright page, which really made me excited, because that is what published books all have. Then there's the dedication to my mother which got its separate page and at the end, a little author bio and my picture. Photo taken courtesy of my sister, she deserves the credit for putting up with my pleading.
It's finally finishing up and the journey of Island Whispers from a thought in my head to a physical book is almost here!
I'd like to take a moment to thank you, the reader, whoever you are from wherever in the world. Thank you for reading this blog and I hope that you will read my novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment