December 19, 2017

Ode to a Bookstore

Although not really an ode at all, I just like the way it falls from the tongue.

We should really appreciate bookstores, and libraries, a lot more than we do. They offer us endless ways to travel and entertain ourselves.

I feel myself relaxing surrounded by the familiar call of stories. The bookstore welcomes me, ushering me across the threshold. Its wooden tables and single seats scattered about offer the privacy and isolation craved by book lovers. To immerse oneself it is vital to fully have a deprivation of other senses. Another more hidden power must come alive in your mind. It must draw you into the realm of novels, of possibilities and adventures.
The books lie quietly, silently luring prospective readers with the images of their covers. Try me. Open us. Stay.
Far off lands, distant times or familiar cities and modern day - where shall you travel. How will you choose? Do you reach for a familiar storybook, reliving a past journey to experience it all again, lingering on your favorite scenes.
Or do you crave the thrill and mystery of a novel whose pleasures you have yet to know, reveling in the surprise it brings you. I shall awake from this journey in a daze.
A dreamy haze will settle across my vision. The story seeming more real than the other things I experience. A shade drawn over me and my real life so that I am sleepwalking while awake.

I have news that my book can be found as an e-book for Barnes & Noble as well as Amazon. The release is a little over a month away, but it's so exciting to see it on other websites! Also if you search for it, you can see the cover design.

No comments:

Post a Comment