March 20, 2018

Why We Read/Why We Write

For Readers:
"We read stories because we want to escape the present moment and dive into something so interesting that it captures our attention and makes us feel alive."

I am alive in that character. The one that I am reading. I experience what they experience; I am privy to their thoughts and reasons. Their actions are ones that I feel in my body; their pain is mine, their sorrow is mine, their joy is mine.

_________________________________________________________________________________

For Writers:
"We write because we have words bursting from our chests and storylines flowing in our veins. We write to feel alive."

Choose the right story -
"When you try to force a story, it slips away and you lose interest -- that story is not for you. Choose the stories that make your head sing with joy and that enraptures your heart so that you can see it to the end."



In case you didn't notice the theme, but for me at least, as a writer and reader, I do both to feel alive and hopeful, entertained, moved, etc... Books are windows to our subconscious and keys to our emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment