June 6, 2017

Week 1

It's the first official week!
So what shall I treat you to?

Perhaps a summary of my novel that I used for my query letter:

"In Worldly there is no good, there is no evil; in separate worlds a growing darkness has emerged and connections between four races: Angels, Vampires, Demons, and Merpeople, are forged; will the united front be able to take on the Elder?

Angelica, an angel living in the Heavenly City, is depressed as she deals with the disappearance of her father. Angelica is desperate for the love she has lost, and when she encounters a mystery boy her heart starts to melt and she can’t help falling in love. 
Grant is a vampire, he is conflicted as he struggles to face his inner monster and his needs for survival. He must deal with loss and responsibilities to survive the woods and darker things at work.
Monica is a head strong demon, she wants to venture out into the world. Wanting to escape the caves and pressure of her parents and overprotective friend, Damian, Monica must come to terms with who she is.
  Adam is timid, he comes from the ocean where the merfolk are few. He must overcome his revulsion with a “curse” that has ruined his life and isolated him from his family, and find the strength to use his curse when in dire need.


Thank you for your time, my young adult novel is 86,772 words. My whole novel is available upon request.  I look forward to hearing from you."


So, this was one of the first query letters I sent out. See that the title was still rolling as "Worldly" and the word count was about 87 thousand which is shorter than what I have now.
I think that the size of a book should not matter as long as it has lovely content. A well written story may look like a dictionary, but if it holds your interest you will not even realize the passing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment