January 9, 2018

A Writer's Wind

Oh a sweet wind is a blowing, and the ideas just keep flowing...

The wind put up a fight when we climbed the snow-covered hill to the Flavor Graveyard in Vermont. Ben & Jerry's factory seemed to have created a slip & slide with ice covering their sidewalks and pavement. It was as if they'd put the ice cream outside as we marched through the cold and the wind. However, we didn't let that stop us. We hiked onward. Here is a shot of multiple gravestones. We took pictures next to our favorites and I highly recommend visiting because it is fun and life is meant to be full of fun moments.


I wish I constantly knew what I wanted to write, but often it just appears randomly. Even if I am working on something, I might have a clear direction and end up stumbling on the fringes of a greater idea.

It helps to get something written thats for sure. I think it was Jodi Picoult who said something about a blank page can't be edited at all.

Sometimes you can catch the writer's wind (I nicknamed it for the "second wind" you get after you're exhausted), basically everything is in reach and you write like fifty pages at once. Writer's winds are rare though and (in my experience) they don't last long, so you can't write a full story depending on it.

Have you ever had those blissful moments of energized work? (It doesn't have to be about writing)

No comments:

Post a Comment