January 23, 2018

Guided by a Beaming Light

A lighthouse is a guide to ships, signaling the coast and providing light for them to see by. The rough waters of the ocean and the sandbars can be dangerous. They're important and they can also function as symbolism for a story. I'm wracking my brains for my second short story and I think something with a lighthouse might be good. I still haven't worked out the specifics, but luckily I took some pictures a while back that can give my mind images to play with.

This is Morris Island Light, we strolled along the dog beach to get to this point where wood blocked the tide and the lighthouse was a figure in the distance. I like this picture for the water. It looks like a painting at least in my mind. Pictures are so strange, how they capture a moment in time. They literally freeze time in the photo and preserve it. 
It might not look like much, but I was captivated by the rush of water and how it poured through the cracks between the wood. There's something hypnotic about the back and forth movement.
This is the first time I've posted a video so hopefully it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment