January 29, 2018

My Debut in the Published World: Island Whispers

Here is a link to a website from the publishing company: http://www.ingramelliott.com/islandwhispers.html

So soon, so close, a couple of days and it hits the market. My baby has finally grown enough to stand on its own feet. I'm so excited! It's hard to convey in words, but a while back, I wrote this poem so hopefully it expresses my emotions.


I'm giddy with feelings,
happiness that bounces and joy that blooms,
my emotions can fill up this room.
There are things racing wildly and I can see it all now.
The world is before me and the world says, "Wow."
There is support for this baby I have, 
and there are friends that encourage it.
I have fed it. 
I have changed it. 
I have patiently rearranged it.
You see, my baby is special, I gave it its birth.
The characters, my plot, the things that give it worth.
I have nurtured this baby and it has begun to grow,
and although it may take time or seem a little slow
I'll give it all the love it deserves because this is my baby, my child, 
my innocent little thing
and all things we care for are worth our time and love
So when we give them the tools that they need, 
they will finally grow up and spread their own wings.

I also got my copy! It came last Friday and it looks beautiful. I have it sitting on my bookshelf now. It's so strange to flip through the pages and just see all these words that I've only seen on the computer until now. It's printed and physical. I can flip through the pages!

Island Whispers has reached the time of send off. It is my first contribution to the world in the form of a story. I hope that it will find a home with many readers and that they will enjoy it and share it.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment