May 22, 2018

Quick Quips on Food

I challenge you, dear reader, to create your own haiku about food. Simple 5-7-5 formula.
You can share it in the comments if you want, I'd love to read it!

Food Haikus


Nuts are delicious
Salty ones are the best and
Perfect for a snack.


Nuts that I have had the pleasure of enjoying, along with some dried fruit.
I think there are almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios,
even some Brazil nuts, along with cranberries and raisins.

Summer grapes are sweet
Wash them well under water
Good for a picnic


A new salad is
A chickpea salad, no meat
Try, for something new.


Coconut ice cream
Is cold and sweet on hot days
Keep in the freezer.


Fresh broccoli is
Bitter, steamed is better
A little salt helps too.


I seem to be a
Vegetarian of sorts,
Although not by choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment