July 16, 2018

Bountiful Bakes

I'm feeling like an "off-week" is good for this post, so this one is about baking and the transformation of these apples into muffins.

I like baking and I think a good number of people like it too. There is something enjoyable about mixing and kneading, shaping and waiting for it all to be done. It's transformational magic and while there are well written books, it's also fun to experiment.

A few weeks ago, I made paleo apple muffins. This means that the muffin itself mainly consists of eggs. I think there were 8 eggs in this one, but I can't recall. Either way, they were delicious and filling delicacies of the morning. You can see the transformation of the apples through the following pictures:
Apples. Green apples to be exact, although not Granny Smith, but they were sour. Apples are the perfect character food. They are easily transportable and a character can appear very smug as they chomp their incisors into a juicy pomme.



Here are the 3 apples cut into pieces. This took some time, let me tell you, but it was worth it. I also had my share of pieces, popping one or two in my mouth after I'd cut up a certain amount.

This was fun. Although it took some time. I mixed cinnamon in with the apples and moved them around in the pan until they softened. Kind of like making a filling for apple pie. 

They don't look too appetizing in this photo. The mixture is very fluid-like, because of the many eggs. It kind of looks like shiny marble filling each cup. 

The finished product! They puffed up a little and smelled delicious. Although, I will say they were difficult to pull from the pan. Ah well, there is price for delectable treats and we downed these within a week.
What are your favorite foods to make?

(Oh I just had to mention that there is this simple recipe for PB cookies that only uses three ingredients: PB, an egg, and sugar. It is unbelievably simple and delicious.)

2 comments:

  1. We actually have a lot of apples just lying around so may try this tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you make some muffins?
      I only just saw this as I was traveling yesterday and way too exhausted to check my email. I love apple muffins, especially if the apples are still a bit crisp, they add to the sweetness so you don't need a ton of sugar.

      Delete