May 27, 2023

The "Saved" Quotes

 You know those sentences in the book that people repeat to each other? The ones that resonate so much with wisdom and empathy that the books become known for those phrases and we put them on t-shirts, mugs, and even our bodies? 

I used to try writing those specifically. They were out of context and pretty in-your-face, but it was fun to imagine these words as ones that people would tell their friends and treasure in their hearts.

None of these made it into actual stories - those quotes just come in the process of writing them - but these were my favorites from the list. Maybe you'll be inspired and find use for something similar:

  • I’m living my days even if I’m mourning my nights.
  • You could not live off of anger, just get high off its fumes.
  • She may not find it in herself to be kind, but for every tip of the scale, she’d find a way to make it balanced.
  • If the cold ever bothered her, she never let it show. If she had told him she was carved from ice, he would not have disagreed.
  • Impatience was the dog pawing at her heels, patience was the cat that never wanted to be stroked.
  • Death could not be sweeter if it knocked on the door and asked to dine. 
  • Castles are always crawling with spies and anyone that thinks otherwise is an idiot.
  • I wield my silence like you wield your words, both are weapons, but which do you think speaks louder?

And my favorite...

  • My darling, I know flattery well. I worship her on bended knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment