June 9, 2023

Life Update!

 Wow, it feels like forever since I've done one of these (if at all) and it's really making me reflect on where I've been these last 3 years. Because 2020 was something - I think most can agree that any established plans were knocked aside and unpredictableness was a hallmark of the times.

I still remember the early musings and confusion. We kept wondering, "Is it serious?" "What do I need to do?" "What does this mean?" "They can't really shut everything down?" 

And then, well... a lot happened. Turned out the world could shut down and most of our lives along with it. It felt surreal to be at home, look outside and see nature looking fine but hearing all the news and feeling terrible. 

I was still in school and ended up finishing my education online. And while I was in school, I was working - in a bookstore to be exact - and for a while we continued and then I was furloughed (It was an interesting experience and my first time hearing the word). 

But let's fast forward, that was 2020 and here we are in 2023.

I graduated as previously mentioned and started working full time in mental health. A field greatly needed during and after the pandemic, so to say we've been busy is an understatement. The interesting thing about mental health is how much we think we know, how much we are currently learning, and how much stigma still remains.

One of my goals is to keep learning, and if you wish to join me, check back in for posts exploring mental health examples in literature. If you have some of your own stories, feel free to comment and share. Each of us has our own experiences, but that doesn't mean we can't learn from each other to find what works for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment