July 11, 2017

Week 6

I don't just have drawings to share with you. I have words.
The current word count of my manuscript is: 123,000

Here is a piece that I cut from the story. It was just a small memory, but with such a large word count not everything can stay and this was deemed unnecessary.
I won't spoil who burst into a shower of gold spark or has a partner gryphon, at least not yet.


The energy burst from him in a shower of gold sparks, filling the air with a scorched smell. His partner, an irate gryphon, also cried out in agony. A dark burst of energy, heavy and cold, fueled by his servants destroyed the gryphon. The awful squawks and calls were cut off. His frustration at the delay was evident; energy rolled off him in waves and the servants even moved back as his own energy swallowed up theirs. A heavy cascade of red saturated the air. It hummed, as if alive, creating more vibrations in the air. The trees around the tablet shuddered in response.


Maybe once my book is out, you can tell me who you think this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment