July 18, 2017

Week 7

Here we go Week 7! Time flows and ebbs like water, or at least it feels like that sometimes, but we're nearing the end of the summer already, maybe it is rushing by?

One of the ways I have kept track of my storyline is by using a timeline.
Every section has a date and a name that lets you know when and who is telling the story. The timeline allowed me to make sure there was continuity across the story.

"If Grant finds out this then he shouldn't run off to do this."

It was certainly a balancing act, juggling four character storylines at once, but I was up for the challenge. I thought it would be so cool to do it.

All of the books that I had read up until that point were focused around one central character and there were few, if any, other perspectives. My idea was that a story could be told and the audience could be brought along and see every side. It was a bit challenging to define the characters to get their voices different. When you're reading the different character sections, you should get a feel that this is a different person.

I once wrote out that developmentally my characters grew by learning:

Monica learns compassion
Angelica gains strength and confidence
Adam learns bravery and acceptance
Grant learns to trust and share

These growth points aren't necessarily all the same now. They each learn other things as well, but it gave me an idea of how I wanted to develop my characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment