July 4, 2017

Week 5

It's funny that I have labeled these posts as "Week (#)" because usually when someone does that it is a countdown. I'm not sure blog posts usually get week numbers, but I'm lacking the energy to be witty, so until I find it, I will continue to title them by week number.

It's the fourth of July as well. America celebrates its independence day, I'm grateful that I have a day off from school. Time to study for the test I have tomorrow, oh well, no one said holidays weren't work.

Last time I gave you something familiar to look at.
It was my version of a sphinx and it was an old sphinx. I don't know if you could see the gray that was mixed in with the brighter colors.
However, I didn't just use creatures that are familiar to you or me. I created a few of my own. Some of these creatures played major roles and some were minor.
This was a minor creature, but I love it so much:

A Whipling has a beautiful song and lovely colors. Its most striking characteristic is its long tail feathers that trail behind it as it flies.
This is a Whipling. A creature new to the world and my creation. I love it for its simplicity. The Whipling is not meant to be a creature that does much it is just like a normal bird or squirrel that blends into the background of this magical environment. I think it's important to have your own creations when you are creating a new world, because no one else can claim a Whipling.
A good example of an author who does this marvelously is J.K. Rowling. She has a whole film on her "Fantastic Beasts" and they are quite stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment